Arts Recognition Awards
Annual Arts Recognition Awards, a yearly ceremony to honor select artists, and arts and culture advocates and organizations from throughout the County.
Congratulations to the 2014 Contra Costa County Arts Recognition recipients, acclaimed painter, Sylvia Fein, of Martinez; talented landscape architect and painter, Joel Summerhill, of Antioch, and renowned choral director, Silvester Henderson, chair of the Music Department at Los Medanos College in Pittsburg.
The 2015 recipients will be honored at a Board of Supervisors meeting in October 2015.
See list of past honorees. (Also on the left.)
A nominee must be or have been involved with arts and culture, with contributions and/or work having a significant impact in Contra Costa County and beyond. Individuals nominated in previous years who were not selected may be nominated again.
There are no award categories. An individual, business or organization may be nominated for work or contributions in any discipline or combinations of efforts. Examples include Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Literary Arts, Digital Arts, Arts Administration, Arts Education, Volunteer Support, Art/Cultural Philanthropy, etc.
Nominees can include individuals from non-profit or for-profit organizations who show exceptional leadership, vision and commitment to the growth and support of arts and culture; organizations or individuals who show continuous and/or significant financial or in-kind support to arts/culture-related organizations; or individuals that help keep Contra Costa arts and/or culture alive.
2015 Nominations can be submitted in a number of ways:
- Online Nomination Form.
- PDF Nomination Form complete, and either scan and return via email or print and mail in to the above address.
- Email Make sure you provide all of the information listed on the PDF Nomination Form
- We’re happy to mail you a hard copy application if you prefer. Please email your name and address
Supporting documentation guidelines
You may submit:
- Up to four (4) supporting documents (brochures, photos, news articles, etc.) that depict a nominee’s work and symbolizes the positive influence the nominee has had in fostering arts and/or culture in Contra Costa County.
- Evidence of the nominee’s leadership, vision, and commitment in advancing the arts and/or culture in Contra Costa County.
- Description of a nominee’s development of any groundbreaking project(s) within the arts and/or cultural development.
- Please note: The size of all emailed attachments combined must be less that 8 MB or sent as a compressed .zip file.