Ken W. McCormick
Deputy District Attorney
900 Ward Street
Ph: (925) 957-2200
Fx: (925) 646-4683
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
The Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office is dedicated to the investigation and prosecution of real estate related crimes. Attacking real estate crimes and other white collar criminal activity is one of the high priorities contained within the Special Operations Unit. Criminal real estate crimes may involve home equity fraud, mortgage fraud, grand theft, securities fraud, forgery, foreclosure fraud, loan fraud, and any other fraud scam which steals a homeowner’s dreams with a single forged signature or a get-rich-quick scheme.
In each of the preceding crimes, the unsuspecting victim can lose his life savings and his home, unless he promptly alerts the authorities.
If you believe you have been a victim of any type of real estate fraud occurring in Contra Costa County, you are encouraged to fill out and return a Complaint Form for our review. (The form is available below.) Alternatively, you can contact your local police department for assistance.
Important Contact/Resource Information
• Contra Costa County Bar Association (Lawyer Referral Service) (925) 825-5700
• California Department of Real Estate (Enforcement Div.) (510) 622-2552
• Contra Costa Senior Legal Services (510) 374-3712
• Elder Law Center (866) 543-8017
• Housing Economic Rights Advocates (510) 278-8443
• Federal Bureau of Investigation (925) 671-7330
• US Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (Avoiding Foreclosure)
• State of California ‘Guide to Mortgage Resources in California’
• Federal Trade Commission