CONTRACTOR MAILING LIST
The Capital Projects Management Division maintains a list of general and specialty contractors who want to automatically receive the Notice to Contractors issued when formal bids are advertised. The notice is intended to attract qualified bidders and to help prospective bidders decide whether to obtain the bidding documents. Contractors who wish to be on the list should complete the Contractor Mailing List Application form (PDF), and mail or fax it to the Capital Projects Management Division at the address given on the form. The Capital Projects Management Division issues the form annually, in November, for renewal.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS - CONTRACTORS/SUPPLIERS
The Public Works Department contracts for the construction of road, pedestrian, flood control, and airport projects. Road projects include those projects necessary to maintain the County road system, including maintenance projects such as slurry seals and overlays, road widening, and road reconstruction. Pedestrian projects include curb ramp and sidewalk gap closure projects, as well as pedestrian trails and bridges. Flood control projects include maintenance projects such as de-silting of existing storm water channels and detention basins, and also construction of new flood control facilities such as expanding existing or construction new storm water detention basins and installing new storm drain systems. The Public Works Department also occasionally contracts for the construction of non-building-related airport facilities (runways, taxiways, ramps).
NOTIFICATION OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITIES
FUTURE & CURRENT PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS
- All future and current building projects can found in the Building Projects page.
- All future and current road projects can be found in the Advertised & Future Construction Projects page.
- Project bid notices are sent to numerous building exchanges as well as posting notices and project plan holders lists to the eBidboard website and BidSync website.
- 2018 Revised Standard Specifications date 04-17-20 (PDF)
- 2015 Revised Standard Specifications dated 03-03-17 (PDF)
- Caltrans SBA Program (PDF)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Good Faith Effort Booklet (PDF) Federally Funded Projects
- Outreach Program Good Faith Effort Documentation Booklet (PDF) County Funded Projects
- Video presentation of County Outreach Program for pre-bid meeting: GFE Presentation (link)