Application and Permit Center
Due to the Shelter in Place Order issued by the County Health Officer on April 29, 2020 all offices of the Department of Conservation and Development are closed to the public. We continue to operate nearly all of our services and programs while working remotely and supporting the County’s emergency response efforts.
Beginning May 4, 2020 when restrictions on construction are eased by the Shelter in Place Order, we will resume accepting all types of building and planning applications, issuing all types of permits and conducting inspections on all types of construction. However, our process has changed and is now mostly electronic. Please find additional information on how to apply for and receive permits here. Please do not travel to our offices for advice or information as all our buildings and permit centers are not open. We are able to assist you by phone and through electronic communication.
For additional information on how the Shelter in Place has affected our programs and services in the areas of Policy Planning and Housing and Community Improvement please click here.
For updated information from the County about COVID-19, please visit coronavirus.cchealth.org
The Application and Permit Center strives to make permit processing easier for applicant seeking land use or building permits by providing clear information, a solid understanding of the development process, and excellent customer service.
The ePermit Center provides
- General property information
- Building permit status and history
- Planning application status/history
- Pay Fees
Registered ePermit Center users may also:
- Apply for certain permits
- Schedule/cancel inspections
- View inspection times
Fee Schedules and Resources
- Land Development Fee Schedule (PDF) (Please call 925-674-7200 for a customized fee estimate for your project)
- ICC Building Valuation Data Table (PDF)
Frequently Requested Resources
- Application and Permit Center Reference Phone List (PDF)
- Building Codes & Ordinances
- Code Enforcement
- Construction Work that does NOT require a Building Permit (PDF)
- Current Building Codes, Ordinances, and Technical Guidelines for Building Design (PDF)
- General Plan (PDF)
- How To Guides
- Permits and Responsible Entity - Alphabetical Listing by Permit Type (PDF)
- Permits by Department (PDF)
- Requirements for Wireless Facility Permit Applications (PDF)
- Solar Permit Information
- Specific Plan
- Urban Farm Animal Ordinance Summary (PDF)
- Who can pull a building permit?
- Zoning Code & Ordinances