Building Permit Forms and Information
To apply for a Building Permit or obtain inquiries related to the permit process, you may obtain service:
- By Phone: Speak with our plan checkers on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday.
- Self-Help: Access to our ePermits Center allows you to search Property/Permit information such as current projects and application status. Paying for permit fees and scheduling inspections are available online. View the Help Guides on the right side of the ePermits Center home page for navigation assistance.
New Permit Fees
Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors adopted new land development fees on December 17, 2019. The fees will be implemented on March 1, 2020.
Application Forms and Resources
Application Forms and Checklists
- Building and Grading Permit Application *All contractors must have an active business license with Contra Costa County if doing work in Unincorporated areas of the County. Visit the County Business License link for additional information on how to apply for a license.
- Building Permit Requirements Checklist - Residential (PDF)
- Building Permit Requirements Checklist - Commercial (PDF)
- Certificate of Compliance for Plumbing Fixture Replacement (SB407) (PDF)
- Construction and Demolition Debris Recovery Program(CalGreen)
- Demolition Permit Requirement - PCBs Screening Assessment Form (PDF)
- Commercial Generator Checklist (PDF) - Required for all generator installations
- Residential Generator Checklist (PDF) - Required for all generator installations
- Permit Extension Request - (Online)
- Residential Photovoltaic System Requirements Checklist (PDF)
- Commercial Photovoltaic System Requirements Checklist (PDF)
- Soils Investigation Report Questionnaire Form for Residential Additions (PDF)
ePermits Center Request Forms
- Request to Connect CSLB License to Contractor Account
- Request to Add ePermits Center User Account as a Contact to Existing Permit
- Request to Update Property Owner on Existing Building Permit
Required Forms for Owner / Builder Permit Applications
Forms below are required for submission prior to permit issuance
- Owner-Builder Acknowledgement and Verification of Information (PDF)
- Authorization of Agent to Act on Property Owner’s Behalf (PDF)This form is only required when the Owner-Builder applicant is hiring a contractor or other to perform the work described in the permit scope.
Required Title 24 Energy Compliance Forms for HVAC and ReRoof Permits
Download and complete one form per permit for each job site. The form is in PDF format, can be filled out electronically and saved. Submit the completed form by email. Make sure to indicate the permit number on your form.
- CF1R-ALT-05-E (2019) Energy Compliance form for Mechanical Permits PDF
- CF1R-ALT-05-E (2019) Energy Compliance form for Reroof permits PDF
- Code Violation Complaint Form (PDF) - (Print and Submit)
- How To Guides
- Records Research Request (PDF)
- Permit Cancellation and Refunds
- Recognized Special Inspection & Testing Agencies (PDF)
- 2016 Residential & Non Residential CalGreen Mandatory Measures Checklist