For inquiries on Planning and Zoning information, you may obtain service:
- By Phone: Call 925-674-7200 to speak with our planners on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday.
- Self-Help: Access to our ePermit Center allows you to search Property/Permit information such as current projects, previous entitlements, application status, and parcel numbers.
Please use the Planning Application and Important Notice to Applicants forms for all permit types listed below.
General Application Forms
Application form for Undersized Lot Design Review, Kensington Design Review, Home Occupation, and Property Use Verification.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit:
ADU Application Checklist Submittal (PDF),
ADU Application Processing Guidelines (PDF)
- Administrative Review (former Redevelopment Area),
- Certificate of Compliance:
How to Apply for a Certificate of Compliance Guide (PDF)
- Compliance Review
- Development Plan
- General Plan Amendment/Feasibility Study
- Land Use Permit
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Major Subdivision
- Minor Subdivision
- Planning Consideration
- Tree Permit
Decision Matrix to determine Public Works interest Variances and Second Units (PDF),
A Guide for Variances (PDF)
- Wireless Facility:
Requirements for Wireless Facility Permit Applications (PDF)
- How to Apply for a Home Occupation Permit (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Application (Fillable PDF)
- Temporary Event (PDF)
- Water Efficient Landscape Application (PDF)
- How to Develop Using Water Conserving Landscape (PDF)
- Winery & Olive Oil Mill Information (PDF)
- Streamlined Electric Permit Charging Station Permit
- Parklet Application (PDF)(Pathway for extending restaurant seating into the right of way)