Affordable Housing Resources
The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors (Board) adopted a countywide urgency ordinance temporarily prohibiting evictions of residential and commercial real property tenants in Contra Costa County impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and establishing a moratorium on rent increases. Click here for more information).
Contra Costa County will be working on the 6th Cycle Housing Element Update with PlaceWorks as the consultant. Public outreach will begin in November 2021 with additional information to be forthcoming. If you would like to be included in the Housing Element Update interest parties e-mail list, please send an e-mail to Susan Dingli at Susan.Dingli@dcd.cccounty.us.
If you are a tenant and feel like you are being unfairly evicted and/or your eviction notice is in violation of the eviction moratorium, please call Bay Area Legal Aid (BALA) at 800- 551-5554 and ECHO Housing at 510-581-9380 or 855- ASK-ECHO.
NOTE - Contra Costa County does not own or manage affordable housing rental apartments and does not provide housing placement services.
- List of Affordable/Subsidized Rental Units (PDF) - Provided here is a list of known affordable or subsidized multiple family rental units in Contra Costa County. Please call each building manager for the application or waiting list procedures.
- Interactive Affordable Rental Housing Map - Interactive web application to find affordable rentals in Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County Housing Authority
- Counseling (including housing assistance) for persons with HIV/AIDS
Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness Resources
- Call 211, and indicate that you are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to be referred to the most appropriate programs
- Neighborhood Preservation Program - Home Rehabilitation Assistance for low and moderate income homeowners.
- Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (Home Repair) - Repairs, valued up to $10,000, for eligible low-income mobile homeowners to address health and safety deficiencies.
- Weatherization program
First-Time Homebuyer Resources
- First-Time Homebuyer Guide (US Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- FAQs for Below Market Rate Homebuyers (PDF)
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
- CALHFA (California Housing Finance Agency) - Homebuyer loans, down payment assistance, first-time homebuyer, and other programs offered by the State of California
- First Home, Inc - myHomeGateway (Homebuyer Counseling Service)