Affordable Housing Resources
NOTE - Contra Costa County Department of Conservation and Development does not own or manage affordable housing rental apartments and does not provide housing placement services. To learn more about homeless services, see below for "Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness Resources" below, or visit the County's Homeless Resource website.
- List of Affordable/Subsidized Rental Units (PDF) - Provided here is a list of known affordable or subsidized multiple family rental units in Contra Costa County. Please call each building manager for the application or waiting list procedures.
- Interactive Affordable Rental Housing Map - Interactive web application to find affordable rentals in Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County Housing Authority
- Counseling (including housing assistance) for persons with HIV/AIDS
- Helpful Links
- Homeowner Resources
- First -Time Homebuyers Resources
- Homeless Resources
- Income and Rent Limits
If you are a tenant and feel like you are being unfairly evicted and/or your eviction notice is in violation of the eviction moratorium, please call Bay Area Legal Aid (BALA) at 800- 551-5554 and ECHO Housing at 510-581-9380 or 855- ASK-ECHO.
Bay Area Legal Aid
Free civil legal advice, counsel and representation to low-income people
Promotes equal access for housing and provides support services
Homeless or At Risk
For those who are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- Neighborhood Preservation Program - Home Rehabilitation Assistance for low and moderate income homeowners.
- Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (Home Repair) - Repairs, valued up to $10,000, for eligible low-income mobile homeowners to address health and safety deficiencies.
- Weatherization program
First-Time Homebuyer Resources
- First-Time Homebuyer Guide (US Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- FAQs for Below Market Rate Homebuyers (PDF)
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program - There are currently no funds for this program, please check back periodically
- CALHFA (California Housing Finance Agency) - Homebuyer loans, down payment assistance, first-time homebuyer, and other programs offered by the State of California
- First Home, Inc - myHomeGateway (Homebuyer Counseling Service)
Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness Resources
- Call 211, and indicate that you are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to be referred to the most appropriate programs