We have honored these recipients of the Arts Recognition Awards for their outstanding achievement and contribution to Contra Costa's arts and culture. Each has advanced the appreciation of the Arts in Contra Costa County.
.• Dr. Lawrence E. Anderson (Danville) - Founding Musical Conductor of the Danville Community Bank in 200, and a lifelong Music Educator and Band Director.
• Dr. Napoleon Dargan (San Pablo) - Developed an innovative, arts-based program for some of the most vulnerable in our community, addressing anxiety and depression.
• Rosalinda Grejsen (Brentwood) - Co-founded the Art Guild of the Delta, under the Brentwood Art Society and Gallery Director at the Delta Gallery Community Art Center.
• Leslie Noel (Lafayette) - Founder and Director of the Peter Pan Foundation to inspire children of all ages to find their inner talents and confidences; on and off the stage.
• Kelsey Wengel (San Ramon) - Facilitator of learning to her students at Daugherty Valley High. A visual art mentor for the San Ramon Valley Unified School district.
• Lafayette Town Hall Theater - Awarded a Commission Special Award in Celebration of their 75th year of presenting theatre of the highest professional standards. Their Town Hall Education program provides high quality theater education for children pre-k through high school
• Blue Devils Performing Arts (Concord) - Awarded a Commission Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Arts for a commitment to youth development and performance excellence worldwide within the Blue Devils Performing Arts Organization.
• Dr. Alan Siegel from San Pablo, for his work with the Art of Health and Healing at County Regional Center and health Centers.
• Clarinet Fusion - A Clarinet chorus that performs throughout the County, and is now developing programs to reach music lovers of all ages all over the world.
• Sharon Redman, from Brentwood - Founder and Artistic Director of Vagabond Players. She celebrates Seniors talents by having them perform in her shows and this troupe of performers do shows at Senior centers, Assisted Living facilities and small venues in Central and East county.
• Richard and Natica Angilly from Richmond, for all of their work with Poetic Dance Classes and Poetic Dance Theatre events for more than 30 years all over the world.
• Jack Cattan, from Walnut Creek, on the Board of Diablo Ballet and has substantially contributed his leadership to Diablo Ballet's PEEK Outreach for title-one schools and the Juvenile Justice system program.
• Robin Moore, of Pleasant Hill, for her Distinguished Service and Leadership to the County’s Poetry Out Loud Program for High school students.
• Diablo Regional Arts Association from Walnut Creek, for their Outstanding Contribution to the Arts through their Art Access program and for providing Grants to many of the performing arts organizations in the County.
Richmond RYSE Center Performing Arts
Sylvia Amorino, founder and Artistic Director of Solo Opera
Michael and Shannon Demers
Lawrence Kohl, past president of the Orinda Art Council and Pacific Chamber Symphony Music Director
Rhu A. Bigay, Oil painter specializing in Historical aircraft
Pamela Freund-Stiplen, Co-founder of the Gold Coast Players
Peter Maund, Percussionist and founding member of Ensemble Alcatraz
Sylvia Fein, painter
Joel Summerhill, Landscape architect and painter
Silvester Henderson, Music Department Chair, Los Medanos College
Los Cenzontles Mexican Arts Center, San Pablo
Corey Mason, Educator and Founder WorldOne Radio/Festival, El Cerrito
James Phillip Wright, Architect, Orinda
St. Mary’s College Museum of Art
Michelle Seville, Arts/Cultural Manager, City of Richmond
Hershell West, Artist and Arts Advocate
Shogard Butler, Artist
Joan Marable, Arts Educator, Lafayette Partner’s In Education