- Provide Advice to staff and the Board on successful implementation of the Climate Action Plan, including suggestions on how that work can be performed more efficiently and effectively.
- Advise the Board on opportunities to realize equity and fairness across the diverse communities of Contra Costa County in sustainability programs that support the Climate Action Plan.
- Provide suggestions to staff and the Board on how to better engage Contra Costa County residents and businesses on sustainability issues and implementation of the Climate Action Plan.
The Sustainability Commission meets every other month on the fourth Monday, 5-7 p.m., except in December. Meetings are held at 30 Muir Road, Martinez, unless otherwise noted in the agenda, which is posted online a few days before the meeting. The 2019 meeting dates are:
To sign up for Sustainability Commission email or SMS alerts, please visit the County's Notify Me page. You will need to log in and go the Sustainability Commission, located under Agenda Center.
The Sustainability Committee consists of eleven members and five alternates, selected as follows:
- Five members - one member from each Supervisorial district (must be a resident of that district), nominated by the Supervisor for that district, and approved by the Board of Supervisors. Each Supervisor also appoints an alternate;
- Two members representing community groups whose mission includes sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing commercial groups or organizations whole business focuses on sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing environmental justice issues and who live in a disadvantaged community, and who represent the geographic diversity of the County;
- One member representing an education or research institution.