Join the Sustainability Commission!
There are two At-Large vacancies on the Sustainability Commission:
- One member representing environmental justice issues and who lives in a frontline, or "disadvantaged," community, and who reflects the geographic diversity of the County. The other environmental justice seat is held by a resident of Pittsburg; and
- One member representing commercial groups or organizations whose business focuses on sustainability and/or environmental issues.
The deadline to apply is Friday, October 23. Click here for more information about these vacancies and how to apply.
- Provide Advice to staff and the Board on successful implementation of the Climate Action Plan, including suggestions on how that work can be performed more efficiently and effectively.
- Advise the Board on opportunities to realize equity and fairness across the diverse communities of Contra Costa County in sustainability programs that support the Climate Action Plan.
- Provide suggestions to staff and the Board on how to better engage Contra Costa County residents and businesses on sustainability issues and implementation of the Climate Action Plan.
The Sustainability Commission meets every other month on the fourth Monday, 5-7 p.m., except in December. Meetings are held at 30 Muir Road, Martinez, unless otherwise noted in the agenda, which is posted online a few days before the meeting. The 2020 meeting dates are:
April 27 - CANCELLED
June 22 - Click here to see a recording of the meeting, which was held on Zoom.
Click here to see the overview presentation on draft environmental justice policies for the County's General Plan. The draft policies are included in the agenda for this meeting, which you can find through the link below.
Click here to see a recording of the meeting, which was held on Zoom.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Meeting ID: 917 1176 7786
Or Telephone, Dial:
USA 214 765 0478 US Toll
USA 888 278 0254 US Toll-free
Conference code: 198675
To sign up for Sustainability Commission email or SMS alerts, please visit the County’s Notify Me page. You will need to log in and go the Sustainability Commission, located under Agenda Center.
The Sustainability Commission consists of twelve members and five alternates, selected as follows:
- Five members - one member from each Supervisorial district (must be a resident of that district), nominated by the Supervisor for that district, and approved by the Board of Supervisors. Each Supervisor also appoints an alternate;
- Two members representing community groups whose mission includes sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing commercial groups or organizations whole business focuses on sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing environmental justice issues and who live in a disadvantaged community, and who represent the geographic diversity of the County;
- One member representing an education or research institution.
Annual Reports and Climate Action Plan Progress Reports
Sustainability Commission 2019 Annual Report and 2020 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2018 Annual Report and 2019 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2017 Annual Report and 2018 Work Plan (PDF)