- Provide Advice to staff and the Board on successful implementation of the Climate Action Plan, including suggestions on how that work can be performed more efficiently and effectively.
- Advise the Board on opportunities to realize equity and fairness across the diverse communities of Contra Costa County in sustainability programs that support the Climate Action Plan.
- Provide suggestions to staff and the Board on how to better engage Contra Costa County residents and businesses on sustainability issues and implementation of the Climate Action Plan.
The Sustainability Commission Bylaws provide more information about how the Commission is organized and operates.
The Sustainability Commission meets every other month on the fourth Monday, 5-7 p.m. (the December meeting is earlier in the month). Meetings are held online for now. Agendas are posted online a few days before the meeting.
2023 Meeting Dates
Attend a Sustainability Commission Meeting
Attend Meeting Online
Meeting ID: 8595 953 4155
Attend by Telephone:
Toll Free: 888-278-0254
Sign up for Notifications
To sign up for Sustainability Commission email or SMS alerts, please visit the County’s Notify Me page. You will need to log in and go the Sustainability Commission, located under Agenda Center.
The Sustainability Commission consists of twelve members and five alternates, selected as follows:
- Five members - one member from each Supervisorial district (must be a resident of that district), nominated by the Supervisor for that district, and approved by the Board of Supervisors. Each Supervisor also appoints an alternate;
- Two members representing community groups whose mission includes sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing commercial groups or organizations whose business focuses on sustainability and/or environmental issues;
- Two members representing environmental justice issues and who live in a disadvantaged community, and who represent the geographic diversity of the County;
- One member representing an education or research institution.
Annual Reports, Climate Action Plan Progress Reports, and Presentations
Sustainability Commission 2021 Annual Report and 2022 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2020 Annual Report and 2021 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2019 Annual Report and 2020 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2018 Annual Report and 2019 Work Plan (PDF)
Sustainability Commission 2017 Annual Report and 2018 Work Plan (PDF)
Climate Action Plan Progress Report
2021 Climate Action Plan Progress Report (PDF)
2020 Climate Action Plan Progress Report (PDF)
2019 Climate Action Plan Progress Report (PDF)
Climate Action Plan Report 2018 (PDF)
2018 Climate Action Plan Progress Report - All Measures (PDF)
2017 Climate Action Plan Progress Report (PDF)
October 25, 2021 Presentation on Draft Climate Action Plan Goals and Strategies (PDF)
October 25, 2021 Matrix of Draft Goals and Strategies for Climate Action Plan Update(PDF)
03-28-19-Workshop SB1000-Presentation (PDF)
03-28-19-Workshop SB-379-Climate Adaptation (PDF)
2020 Meeting Recordings
Starting in June 2020, the Sustainability Commission meetings began being held online. Recordings of the meetings will be re-posted after the recordings are revised to include closed captioning.
June 22, 2020
August 24, 2020
View the overview presentation on draft environmental justice policies for the County's General Plan. The draft policies are included in the agenda for this meeting, which you can find through the link below.
October 26, 2020
December 14, 2020
Jody LondonSustainability CoordinatorPhone: 925-655-2815
30 Muir Road
Martinez, CA 94553
Phone: : 925-655-2815