CCAS Foster Program
CCAS Dog Foster Program
The CCAS Dog Foster Program is looking for generous people to offer dogs a temporary home outside of the shelter. Taking a dog into a foster, gives the rewarding opportunity of allowing a dog to settle into a home environment, which helps us get to know the dog even better and ultimately helps to place them in their forever home. The shelter is regularly over capacity and utilizing the CCAS Dog Foster Program could greatly reduce some of the pressures dogs experience while in our shelters.
Most dogs labeled “Available” are candidates for the foster program, though health and behavior will ultimately determine a dog’s eligibility. All dogs going to foster homes will already be spayed or neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. Currently, dogs that are labeled as "Transfer Preferred" due to medical or behavior reasons, are not candidates for this program.
All sizes and ages are considered for the foster program. If you have a specific dog in mind, be sure to mention that when you turn in your application!
If you’d like to join the CCAS Dog Foster Program, please get started by:
1) Filling out our Dog Foster application.
2) Upon receiving and reviewing your application, we will send you an additional questionnaire to complete. This questionnaire will help us to match your household with the right foster candidates.
3) Once we have identified the candidates, we’ll have you come in to meet them and hopefully send you home with the necessary equipment and your foster dog!
During kitten season (early Spring through late Fall), the shelter is overloaded with little ones in need of care. Many are without mothers and are not yet eating on their own. These adorable babies would not make it if it weren't for our foster families.
We are always in need of more families to help! If you are interested, please call us at 925-608-8414 or send an email. We provide all the training, food, and medical care. You provide the love!
- Each animal fostered in a home opens space at the shelters for us to save another animal!
- Preparing a homeless pet for adoption by giving your love, time, and friendship is such a rewarding feeling.
- Fostering gives animals a more comfortable and natural place to thrive because some animals don't do well in a shelter.
- The addition of a foster animal brings immeasurable richness and joy to the household. Foster animals will repay you for your patience and love by giving back ten times more love of their own. And when they go to their new forever home, your heart will swell with joy. What could possibly be more gratifying than to save a life and create a "happy ever after" ending?
- It's a great way to meet new people who care about animals.
- Fostering can also provide certain special needs animals with individual attention they may require.
- If you're not in a position to adopt an animal now, fostering is a great way to see if you are ready for the life-long commitment involved with pet ownership.