2020 - 2025 Consolidated Plan
What is the Consolidated Plan?
The Contra Costa Consortium (Contra Costa Urban County along with four of the largest cities - Anitoch, Concord, Pittsburg, and Walnut Creek) is beginning to develop the FY 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan for the use of CDBG, HOME Investment Partnerships Act (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds within a 5 year time-frame.
These federal funds, administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can be used to build new affordable rental housing, provide first-time home-buyer assistance, rehabilitate existing housing, rehabilitate homes for lower income and senior households, build new supportive housing for people with special needs, improve or construct public facilities, including community centers and parks, improve infrastructure (streets, sidewalks, etc.) in lower income neighborhoods, provide employment training and training to small business owners, and provide a wide variety of services for lower income families and individuals, and homeless person, and so much more.
Public Input & Hearings
The preparation of the FY 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan began with holding three public community meetings and two service provider (housing and non-housing) group meetings during the months of March through June 2019. Individuals and representatives of various public agencies, community organizations, and service providers throughout the County were invited to attend these meetings. These meetings covered various topics, including but not limited to:
- Affordable housing;
- Persons with disabilities;
- Single parents/female-headed households;
- Economic Development (business assistance and job creation/retention);
- Seniors; and
- Youth and Families
The Consortium also solicited input from community organizations, public agencies, and the general public through an on-line survey that was accessible beginning in the month of March through the end of July 2019.
Timeline for development of the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan
- Community outreach and engagement (January 2019 – June 2019)
- Analyzing community needs (July 2019 – September 2019)
- Developing strategies for the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan (August 2019 – September 2019)
- Public comments on goals and objectives (September 2019 – October 2019)
- Release FY 2020/21 RFP based on goals and objectives (October 2019)
- Draft the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan (March 2020 – May 2020)
- Public comments on the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan (April 2020 – May 2020)
- On May 12, the Board of Supervisors approved the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan and FY2020/21 Action Plan. You can find links to these plans as well as all other Consortium members’ plans below. Contra Costa County Board Order
For more information on the five year planning process or other opportunities to participate, please contact Gabriel Lemus with the Contra Costa County Department of Conservation and Development at (925) 674-7882.
2020-2025 Consolidated Plan & FY 2020/21 Action Plan
Contra Costa Consortium Needs Assessment (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Market Analysis (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium FY 2020/21 Action Plan (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Appendix A - Citizen Participation and Public Comment (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Appendix B - National Objectives and Matrix Codes (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Appendix C - CoC/ESG Standards (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Appendix D - Board Approval (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Appendix E - Alternate Data Sources (PDF)
Contra Costa Consortium Appendix F - Analysis of Impediments Actions and Timeline (PDF)
Note: For questions about each jurisdiction’s plan, please contact the appropriate office. Contact information can be found as follows:
Contra Costa County: (925) 674-7880 or (925) 674-7882
Antioch: (925) 779-7037
Concord: (925) 671-3088
Pittsburg: (925) 252-4155
Walnut Creek: (925) 943-5899 ext. 2208