View Applications for County Clerk-Recorder
Clerk-Recorder Applicants selected for Interviews:
|Applicant||District of Residence||City of Residence||Application|
|Baker, Catharine||NA||Dublin||(View PDF)|
|Connelly, Kristin||II||Lafayette||(View PDF)|
|Cooper, Deborah||II||Danville||(View PDF)|
|Friedman, Mark||I||El Cerrito||(View PDF)|
|Konopasek, Scott||II||Walnut Creek||(View PDF)|
|Mitchoff, Karen *||IV||Pleasant Hill||(View PDF)|
Any additional materials, which were separate from the application or not attached originally to the application, are available in the Clerk of the Board Office at 651 Pine Street, 1st Floor, Room 106, Martinez, CA. If you have questions, email Clerk of the Board or call (925) 335-1900.
* Applicant has withdrawn application.
Chair Candace Andersen has proposed the following process for the Board of Supervisors Interviews of Clerk-Recorder Applicants to be conducted as part of the Board of Supervisors Meeting on January 21, 2020, with the interviews scheduled to start at 1:00 PM that day.
- Each Applicant will have 30-45 minutes for their interview.
- Prior to the start of the Interviews, the Board will take Public Comment from the audience, limited to one minute each.
- Order of interviews will be arranged by the Clerk of the Board having Applicants draw lots to determine the order.
- Applicants will be requested to remain outside the Chambers until they are interviewed.
- Each Applicant will be seated at the table next to County Counsel and the County Administrator.
- Each Applicant will have two minutes to make opening comments.
- Following which, each Supervisor will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- This process will be followed until each Supervisor has had the opportunity to ask their initial questions as well as any follow up questions.
- The Applicants’ responses will be limited to two minutes per question.
- Each Applicant will have two minutes to make closing comments.
- The Board will then discuss who they believe should be appointed to fill the remaining term for Contra Costa County Clerk Recorder (until January 2, 2023).
- If the Board of Supervisors agrees on one or more finalists on January 21, 2020, the County Administrator will conduct background check on the finalist(s). Depending on the results of the background check, the Board of Supervisors will consider making the appointment of the Contra Costa County Clerk Recorder at the Board meeting on Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
- Friday, December 20, 2019 - County Administrator announces Applicants who met the minimum requirements to be considered for the County Clerk-Recorder position. Applications are posted on the County website
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - Board of Supervisors reviews and selects Applicant(s) to interview
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – Board of Supervisors interviews selected Applicant(s); selects Finalist(s); and authorizes County Administrator to conduct a social media check, obtain fingerprints, conduct a criminal background check, and obtain an Economic Disclosure Statement (Form 700) from the Finalist(s)
- January 21-31, 2020 - County Administrator conducts background check on Finalist(s)
- Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - Board of Supervisors considers possible appointment of Clerk-Recorder
To learn more about the Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department, visit www.contracostacore.us.