List of Services

Request services from your mobile device using Mobile Citizen or from a web browser using Customer Portal.
  • Drainage
  • Erosion
  • Fencing
  • Graffiti
  • Guardrail
  • Homeless Abatement
  • Illegal Dumping
  • Landscaping & Irrigation
  • Pavement & Potholes
  • Road Shoulders
  • Sidewalks
  • Streetlights
  • Street Sweeping
  • Traffic Concerns
  • Traffic Signage & Striping
  • Traffic Signals
  • Trees & Vegetation
  • Other

Business Hours

Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 
(closed between 12:00PM and 1:00PM)

For emergencies after business hours 
call (925) 646-2441.

TTY: Call 711

Contra Costa County Public Works Department is responsible for a wide array of assets including 660 centerline miles of road, 90 vehicle and pedestrian bridges, 105 traffic signals, 79 miles of flood control channels and related flood control structures, 156 county buildings and grounds, 21 community parks and 2 municipal airports.

Choose from several ways to submit a request for services.

  1. Download the MOBILE CITIZEN app to submit from your mobile device
  2. Use our CUSTOMER PORTAL to submit from a web browser
  3. Send us an email
  4. Call us at (925) 313-2000  TTY: Call 711

Visit the Public Works FAQs webpage to see frequently asked questions and answers about services provided.

  1. Customer Portal
  2. Mobile Citizen

The Customer Portal is an online service to report concerns or request services within unincorporated Contra Costa County. Submit request details, location and photo.  If a follow up is requested provide a name, phone number and/or email address.

Please note Contra Costa County Public Works jurisdiction is the unincorporated areas of the county.  If you need assistance with your Customer Portal account please contact us at (925) 313-2000 TTY: Call 711 or email us.

What happens after I submit a request?

A unique work request number will be assigned and a confirmation will be sent to the registered email stating the request was received and whether it was approved or denied.

Should I attach photos?

Yes, please attach photos to the request. They will be very helpful to staff addressing the issue.

What type of information should I provide?

Report the location and description of the issue. Make sure to provide as much information as possible such as landmarks, cross streets, etc.

My request was approved, what happens next?

An approval confirmation is sent to the registered email. The email will provide any next steps and contact information if you have any questions.

My request was denied, why and what happens next?

A denied request means it does not fall under County jurisdiction. An explanation will be sent to the registered email providing the information for the correct agency to contact.

How will I know when my request has been completed?

A notification will be sent to the registered email.

Where can I find all the requests I have submitted?

Log into the Portal to see your requests and their status. Each request lists the request number, complaint description, status, date and time the request was submitted. If an image was provided it will appear above the request number.

Can we request services by phone or email?

Yes you can still report service issues directly to our department by calling (925) 313-2000 during business hours Monday—Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.) or email your concerns.

Please Note for emergencies after hours and holidays call (925) 646-2441. TTY: Call 711