Planning Application and Building Permits
The Application and Permit Center strives to make permit processing easier for applicants seeking land use or building permits by providing clear information, a solid understanding of the development process, and excellent customer service.
Applications & Permits
30 Muir Road
Martinez, CA 94553
Phone: 925-655-2700Fax: 925-655-2744
Application and Permit Staff can assist with answering questions about zoning, planning applications, and build permits.
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We are continuing to offer 100% digital application submittal and no longer accept paper applications or plans.
Building Code Interpretation HotlinePhone: (925) 655-2737
Scheduling Building InspectionsPhone: 925-646-4108
Codes, Plans and Ordinances
Building Code and Ordinances - Title 7 of the County Code (the Building Code) and relevant Building Ordinances.
Zoning Code and Ordinances - Title 8 of the County Code (the Zoning Code), relevant Zoning Ordinances, and community P-1 Zoning Codes.
General Plan - The Contra Costa County General Plan expresses the broad goals and policies, and specific implementation measure, which guide decisions on future growth, development, and conservation of resources through 2020.
Specific Plans - Specific Plans are a special set of development standards that apply to a particular geographic Area. Many of the unincorporated communities in Contra Costa County have Specific Plans.
- ePermits Center Home Page
- Applying for a New Building or Grading Permit
- ePermit Center Help and How to Guides
- Building Permit Forms
- Building Codes
- All- Electric Building Ordinance
- CalGreen-Construction & Demolition Debris Recovery
- Building Permit Revisions, Extensions, and Renewals
- Permit Cancellation & Refund
- Power Permits-Solar, Generator, Energy Storage, EV
- Solar Permits through SolarAPP+ For Solar Installers
- Streamlined Electric Vehicle Charging Station