ePermits Center FAQ, Help and How To Guides
- I’m locked out of my account and can’t remember my password.
Please Email our technical support team with your user name, user account email address and problem description.
- I’m getting a screen error on my online application and can’t proceed.
Please Email our technical support team with the project address, description of the error and at what step the error appeared. If possible, please provide screenshots.
- I applied online but I'm not receiving any updates on my application.
All notifications are emailed only to the applicant throughout the life of the project.
Please check your spam or junk email folder if you do not see emails in your inbox.
You can also check the processing status of your application online.
You can also follow this guide on how to check the processing status. (PDF)
- I don’t see the Attachments page so I'm not able to upload or download files to my online application.
Make sure you are a contact on the application and you are logged in.
Only associated contacts with an ePermits Center account are able to upload or download files to the application.
If you are neither, register for an account FIRST and then submit this request form:
Request to connect a newly registered user to an existing permit.
- My contractor and other contacts on my application are not receiving emails about the processing status.
All emails are sent only to the applicant of the record.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to inform their project contacts of any processing requirements or updates.
We recommend reviewing the information available through our department and division web pages to learn what is required prior to applying for your online application. We accept planning applications for projects in the Unincorporated areas of the county.
- Submitting a Planning Application web page
- Requirements for Preparing Plans for Electronic Submittal (PDF)
- How to Apply for a Planning Application (PDF) Use this guide to learn how to apply for the Planning Division's General Application and Minor Application (Home Occupation, Property Use Verification, Small Lot Design Review and Kensington Design Review).
We recommend reviewing the information available through our department and division web pages to learn what is required prior to applying for your online application.
- Applying for a Building or Grading Permit web page: Start here to learn what documents and approvals are required to apply for a permit and how we process online permits. An incomplete submittal will delay your project if we do not have all the necessary approvals from other agencies and project files to begin the plan review.
- Submitting a Planning Application web page for Unincorporated County properties: Some building permit project scopes require a county planning approval before the building permit can be issued. Review this web page to determine if your construction project requires county planning review.
- Solar, battery backup, generator permit information web page
- Building and Planning How to Guides and Checklists webpage
- Requirements for Preparing Plans for Electronic Submittal (PDF)
- Download and install the free Adobe Reader to convert your files to PDF format. Uncheck the McAfee and Acrobat add-on options if not needed prior to downloading.
- How to Apply for a Building ePermit Submittal (PDF) Use this guide to learn what to expect when submitting a residential or commercial prescreening permit application for new structures, additions, alterations, remodels, demolitions, grading work, structural repairs, foundation work, fences/retaining walls, fire repair, window replacements, other projects that require plans, etc.
We recommend reviewing the information available through our department and division web pages to learn what is required prior to applying for your online permit.
For questions on Public Works permits, call (925) 313-2000 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Encroachment Permit Pamphlet (PDF)
- Encroachment Permit Instructions (PDF)
- Public Works Department web page
Ready to apply for an Encroachment permit? You can apply for small, large or utility permits online. Follow the steps below.
**Note** Utility encroachment permits are issued to utility companies only. Contractors applying on behalf of a utility company will need to apply for a large encroachment permit (and pay the applicable fees) or ask the utility company to apply for them. Contact (925) 313-2000 or e-mail PW.Permits@pw.cccounty.us for additional questions prior to applying online for a permit.
- Register for an account - How to register for an ePermits Center account (PDF) guide
- Apply for the permit at https://epermits.cccounty.us
- Follow a ePermits Center guides below:
- Read what to expect after applying online
- Instructions for how to request a permit extension or modification online (PDF)
The applicant is responsible for uploading the completed forms in this section to the permit or submitting them to the plans examiner by email prior to permit issuance.
- Building Permit Declarations Form - This must be completed by the contractor or property owner whom the permit will be issued to.
- Owner Builder Acknowledgement and Verification of Information w/ Authorization of Agent Form - This must be completed by the property owner.
- Authorization of Agent Form - This form is required when the Owner-Builder applicant is hiring a contractor or other to perform the work described in the permit scope.
Browse through our how to guides to help you navigate our features on the ePermits Center site.
How to Register for an ePermits Center account (PDF)
How to Apply for a Planning Application (PDF) - Use this guide to learn how to apply for the Planning Division's General Application and Minor Application (Home Occupation, Property Use Verification, Small Lot Design Review and Kensington Design Review).
How to Apply for a Building ePermit (PDF) - Use this guide to learn what to expect when submitting a residential or commercial permit for new structures, additions, alterations, remodels, demolitions, grading work, structural repairs, foundation work, fences/retaining walls, fire repair, window replacements, other projects that require plans, etc.
How to Connect a CSLB License to a Registered ePermit Contractor Account - Contractor accounts will need to connect the CSLB license and wait for staff approval of the license prior to applying for a new permit. Applications started without an approved CSLB license will not be successful.
Request to Connect a CSLB License that is not found (Form) - Use this if the CSLB license number is not found when trying to associate it to registered account
- For ePermits Center Technical Support such as screen errors and locked out user accounts, email us with the description of the problem. Include your application number or project address in the email request.
- If you have a building code, construction, planning or code enforcement question, submit your question using
our Contact Us form.
- Schedule a Phone, Video or In Person Appointment for assistance with your questions or if you need help applying online.
- If you have a question about your permit application, contact your assigned plans examiner. Updates to your permit's progress are emailed to the applicant through the life of the project and will have the assigned plans examiner email address and phone number. Please check your email junk or spam folders if you do not see any emails from the permit center staff. You may also call our general phone number at 925-655-2700.