CenterPoint Properties Warehouse Project
CenterPoint Properties proposes to build three warehouse buildings totaling approximately 555,537 square feet on a 31.48-acre site in the unincorporated North Richmond area of Contra Costa County. The proposed project includes a tentative map which consolidates the site’s 19 parcels into 3 larger parcels, demolition of all existing foundations associated with former structures, as well as asphalt, concrete, fence poles, and retaining walls.
The proposed project also includes:
- Installation of approximately 129,719 square feet of landscaped areas (including bioretention areas);
- Construction of approximately 438 auto parking spaces and 266 trailer parking spaces;
- Construction of off-site improvements such as roadway improvements,
- Bicycle and pedestrian facilities, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, landscaping, bioretention swales, utility connections, and traffic calming improvements;
- Removal of seven code protected trees; and
- Annexation into the West County Wastewater District. Annexation is anticipated to occur immediately upon project approval and CEQA certification.
The project site is located at 506 Brookside Drive on the southeastern corner of Brookside Drive and Fred Jackson Way. The site is within unincorporated Contra Costa County. The project site and lands immediately surrounding the site are within the Unincorporated County with exception of the ball fields immediately to the south which are within the City of Richmond. (Reference Assessor Parcel Number: 409-300-037) (Zoning: North Richmond Planned Unit District, P-1)
Current Project Status
The CenterPoint Properties Warehouse project has been approved.
May 25, 2022
Continued Public Hearing at the County Planning Commission. The project was approved.
View May 25, 2022 Planning Commission Meeting Agenda (PDF)
View May 25, 2022 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes (PDF)
May 11, 2022
Public Hearing at the County Planning Commissions. The project was continued to the May 25, 2022 Planning Commission Meeting.
View May 11, 2022 Planning Commission Meeting Agenda
April 11, 2022
The Final EIR was posted on April 11, 2022.
View the Final EIR for CenterPoint Properties Warehouse (PDF)
December 13, 2021
The original 45-day comment period was from November 15, 2021, to December 29, 2021. The County is extending the comment period 15 days. The new comment period ends on Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 5:00 P.M.
View the Notice of Availability Extensions (PDF)
November 15, 2021
The Draft EIR was released on Monday, November 15, 2021. The period for accepting comments on the adequacy of the environmental document will begin on Monday, November 15, 2021 and extends to Wednesday, December 29, 2021, until 5:00 P.M.
Prior to adoption of the Draft EIR, the County will be accepting comments on the adequacy of the document during a 45-day public comment period; the Draft EIR may be certified at a future date in a public hearing following the public comment period. The period for accepting comments on the adequacy of the environmental document will begin on Monday, November 15, 2021, and extends to Wednesday, December 29, 2021, until 5:00 P.M. Any comments should be in writing and submitted to the following address:
Francisco Avila, Principal Planner
Contra Costa County, Department of Conservation and Development Community Development Division
30 Muir Road, Martinez, CA 94553
OR emailed to [email protected]
Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) & Mitigation, Monitoring, and Reporting Program
Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
- CenterPoint Draft EIR Notice Of Availability Extension (PDF)
- CenterPoint Properties Warehouse DEIR Notice of Availability (PDF)
- CenterPoint Properties Warehouse Project Draft EIR (PDF)
- Appendix A - EIR Noticing and Public Involvement (PDF)
- Appendix B - AQ GHG Emissions and Energy Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix C - Biological Resources Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix D - Cultural and Tribal Cultural Resources Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix E - Geology and Soils Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix F - Hazards, Hazardous Materials and Wildfire Supporting Info (PDF)
- Appendix G - Hydrology and Water Quality Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix H - Noise Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix I - Transportation Supporting Info (PDF)
- Appendix J - Single Warehouse Alternative Supporting Information (PDF)
- Appendix K - Notice of Completion (PDF)