Sidewalk tripping hazard

Contact the Public Works Maintenance Division at (925) 313-7000, email or download the Mobile Citizen app to report from your mobile device.

Tripping hazards that are identified are documented, and, in accordance with the California Streets and Highways Code (PDF), property owners are given notice requesting that they replace the damaged sidewalk fronting their property. In addition, property owners are notified that County Ordinance 2008-24 (PDF) heightens the liability on the property owner if a member of the public is injured as a result of the property owner’s failure to maintain the sidewalk in a safe condition.

For more answers to frequently asked questions regarding sidewalk repairs, refer to our "Sidewalk Repair FAQ (PDF)".