Public Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
This low-cost, high quality care service is provided to the public by Contra Costa County in an effort to reduce pet overpopulation. Experienced veterinarians and animal health technicians take pride in providing the best medical care possible for your pet. Contra Costa Animal Services (CCAS) has resumed taking appointments for our Public Spay/Neuter Clinic on a limited "by appointment" basis.
Why Should I Spay or Neuter My Animal?
Spaying and neutering:
- Prevents needless reproduction and destruction of animals
- Is the most effective means of preventing pregnancy
- Eliminates or reduces the attraction of male animals to the female
- Reduces the male’s tendency to fight and the resulting wounds and infection
- Reduces the possibility of cancer or infection of the reproductive tract
- Results in a generally healthier, more desirable pet
- Allows spayed and neutered dogs and cats to be licensed at a much lower cost than non-spayed or non-neutered animals
Spay: (Ovario-hysterectomy) Removal of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes in female animals.
Neuter: (Castration) Removal of the testicles in male animals.
Schedule an Appointment
*We are not accepting spay/neuter appointments at this time.*
Please review our surgery requirements before scheduling an appointment to make sure your pet is eligible.
To schedule a spay or neuter appointment, please complete this online form. Please make sure you have read the Spay/Neuter Clinic Requirements above before proceeding to the form. Once you have submitted the information required on the form, a staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
You can also review spay/neuter surgery pricing here.
Free Physical Exam
Pets receive a free physical examination when brought in for spaying or neutering.