Long Term Care Ombudsman


Abuse that occurs within a long-term care facility (such as a nursing home) should be reported to the Ombudsman.

Like with APS, many professionals are required to make these reports.

Ombudsman Staff

The Ombudsman's office is staffed with specially trained volunteers who promote the development, coordination, and utilization of resources to meet long-term care needs.

They are required to investigate reports of known or suspected abuse within long-term care facilities. In a potentially criminal case, their reports can go to local law enforcement and the local District Attorney's Office for investigation and prosecution -- or they can go through the Department of Health Services to the California State Attorney General's Office for investigation and prosecution.

For more information or to report abuse, call (925) 685-2070.