March 26, 2020 – See Joint Statement from Contra Costa Health Services and Martinez Unified School District Regarding Local COVID-19 Preparations.
March 24, 2020 - See Media Release: 7 Bay Area Jurisdictions Order Labs Testing for COVID-19 to Report More Comprehensive Data.
March 20, 2020 - Watch Contra Costa Health Services press conference. See Health Services Video Updates.
As of March 17, 2020 – County offices may have limited public access to its facilities, as it follows the County Health Officer Order that is intended to protect lives. See Update on County Offices and Services.
March 16, 2020 - Follow Order of the Health Officer: Shelter at their Place of Residence (PDF). See Health Officer Order in Spanish (PDF). Health Officers from Contra Costa and other Bay Area Counties issue a new Order that is effective 12:01 a.m. on March 17, 2020 and will continue to be in effect until 11:59 p.m. on April 7, 2020, unless extended or rescinded.
See Answers to Frequently Asked Questions . See Answers to Frequently Asked Questions in Spanish (PDF). If you have questions about the Health Order, you can reach our Call Center in English or Spanish at 1-844-729-8410, 8 AM - 5 PM. After hours, call 211 if you need assistance.
See all CCHS videos related to COVID-19.
Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for latest updates. Follow Contra Costa Health Services on Twitter @CoCoHealth or CCHS Facebook page.
RESOURCES - LOCAL
- See list of Emergency Food Resources (PDF) in Contra Costa County
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps families with food and support services. You may qualify for and receive support quickly. See details in News Release. Visit cchealth.org/wic or call 1 (800) 414-4WIC.
- For seniors, learn how to Stay Connected (PDF) and find Community Resources for Seniors
- For information about schools, check with your school district or visit County Office of Education. (See also curriculum resources).
- For social services information, including resources and support, visit EHSD.org
- Unemployment and Economic information and resources for Businesses & Employees
- For information about CalWORKS, CalFresh, or Medi-Cal, visit Employment & Human Services
- Property Tax Delinquent Deadline is April 10. Payment options are ONLY by mail, through automated phone system at (925) 957-5280, or online at www.cctax.us. Read latest statement from Russell V. Watts, Treasurer-Tax Collector, regarding the Property Tax Deadline.
- Report cases of price gouging. Email the County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit.
- Call Health Services’ Call Center at 1-844-729-8410, 8 am to 5 pm, daily in English or Spanish
- Call 2-1-1, if you need information and assistance.
RESOURCES - STATE & FEDERAL
March 16, 2020 - All 26 Libraries in the county system are closed until further notice as a precaution. For details, visit ccclib.org.
March 14, 2020 – See Health Officer Order: Prohibiting Mass Gatherings of 100 or More Persons. Watch Contra Costa Health Services video at cchealth.org/coronavirus.
March 10, 2020 - Contra Costa County issues emergency proclamation to respond to COVID-19. Read press release (PDF).
March 10, 2020 – Contra Costa Health Services has expanded their March 6 guidance. These public health recommendations are intended to slow the spread of COVID-19 by reducing the number of people who become infected, especially those at most risk for severe illness. See the health department’s COVID-19 Interim Guidance for Social Distancing (PDF) and COVID-19 Guidance in Spanish (PDF).
March 6, 2020 - Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS) today released new community guidelines for reducing the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and protecting members of the community most at risk of serious illness. CCHS is recommending that people who are higher risk from COVID-19, including adults over 50 and people with certain underlying medical conditions, should avoid mass gatherings, such as parades, sporting events or concerts.
March 5, 2020 - Read Contra Costa County Statement (PDF).
See entire CCHS Letter from March 2, 2020 (PDF).
See CCHS Letter from March 2, 2020 in Spanish (PDF).
Go to cchealth.org/coronavirus to get information and resources about novel (new) coronavirus or COVID-19.
Follow Contra Costa Health Services on Twitter @CoCoHealth or CCHS Facebook page for the latest updates. Follow the County @CCCounty. (You do not need a Twitter account to see postings.)
Text “coronavirus” or “covid19” to 211211 for information on how the illness spreads, prevention & treatment, symptoms and more. Texters may share their zip code to be directed toward websites with local information where available. If you are unable to text, call 211 or 800-833-2900.