Please scroll down for a list of Resources.
PG&E has notified the County of a potential Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) for wildfire safety starting as early as Sunday, October 25, afternoon. PG&E estimates 18,749 customers in Contra Costa County may be impacted. Check your address and see PG&E updates.
Stay alert. Prepare for wildfires and power outages. Sign up for PG&E notifications.
October 15, 2020 - Joint Statement: Bay Area Health Officials #FightFlu, Urge Flu Shots.
October 14, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Health Services Shares Recommendations for Voting Safely in Upcoming Election.
October 13, 2020 - See updated Openings at a Glance (PDF), and see la resumen de las aperturas en el Condado de Contra Costa (PDF).
October 8, 2020 - Health Services updated Mass Quarantine Order 10/8/2020 and Orden de cuarentena masiva 10/8/2020.
October 8, 2020 - Health Services updated Mass Quarantine Order 10/8/2020.
October 2, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Health Department to Host Series of Free Flu Vaccination Clinics in October.
September 30, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa County to Begin Offering Free Flu Shots at COVID Testing Sites.
September 29, 2020 - See Press Release (PDF): Board of Supervisors Amends Ordinance to Provide Additional Protections to Commercial Tenants and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-26 (PDF) and Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-26 in Spanish (PDF). See updated Eviction Moratorium and Rent Freeze Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Ordinance FAQs in Spanish (PDF).
September 29, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: More Businesses and Services Can Reopen in Contra Costa Thanks to Improving COVID Situation. See updated Openings at a Glance (PDF).
September 28, 2020 - Joint Statement: Bay Area Health Officials Offer Guidance on How to Celebrate Halloween and Día de Los Muertos Safely and Prevent Spreading COVID-19 Among Friends and Neighbors.
September 24, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa County Requires Local Health Providers to Expand COVID-19 Testing. See Health Order Requiring Testing at Healthcare Facilities.
September 23, 2020 - See Press Release (PDF): Contra Costa County Passes Ordinance for Eviction Protection and Rent Freeze to Provide Additional Protections through January 31, 2021 and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-25 (PDF) and Ordinance No. 2020-25 Spanish (PDF).
September 16, 2020 - See Updated Health Order: Requiring Reporting of COVID-19 Tests to Public Health Authorities.
September 16, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Announces Care Center Plan to Help Residents Transition from Homelessness.
September 16, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Health Services Recommends Planning Safe, Planning Ahead for Halloween. See more Los Servicios de Salud de Contra Costa Recomiendan Planear de Manera Anticipada y Segura las Actividades de Halloween.
September 14, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Updates Health Order to Align with California’s COVID-19 Blueprint. See updated Social Distancing Order 9/14/2020 and Mass Quarantine Order 9/14/2020. See updated Openings at a Glance (PDF).
See Active Health Orders to date. See Guide to Safer Social Interactions. See Answers to Frequently Asked Questions in English and Spanish.
See Videos related to COVID-19.
See Timeline details.
Questions? Contact multilingual Call Center 844-729-8410, daily 8 am to 5 pm. For help after hours, please call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121. Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for updates. Follow @CCCounty and @CoCoHealth on Twitter and CCHS Facebook. (You do not need a Twitter account to see posts.)
RESOURCES – Local
- See Emergency Relief Fund (PDF). You may be eligible. For more information and to apply, call 925-521-5065.
- See MAP of free and low-cost food sites in Contra Costa County. Enter your address to find locations near you.
- See Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office video on how to avoid scams.
- For COVID-19 information and service updates to CalWORKS, CalFresh, or Medi-Cal, visit Employment & Human Services. For social services, visit EHSD.org.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps families with food and support services. You may qualify for and receive support quickly. See details in News Release. Visit cchealth.org/wic or call 1-800-414-4WIC.
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers assistance to customers struggling with their water bill due to COVID-19.
- For seniors, learn how to stay connected (PDF) and find community resources for seniors.
- Be a good neighbor to the elderly and disabled: County helpline with referrals and resources for seniors/disabled 925-229-8434, Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, dial 211 or text to 898-211, or Adult Protective Services to report elder abuse at 877-839-4347. Call 911 in case of emergency. See Be a Good Neighbor flyer (PDF).
- For information about schools, check with your school district or visit County Office of Education. (See also curriculum resources).
- Unemployment and economic information and resources for businesses & employees.
- The Workforce Development Board Call Center for Contra Costa County small businesses and workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-833-320-1919, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, for information and resources. See the Press Release.
- Contra Costa Workforce Development Board, a bureau of Employment & Human Services, is providing free access to online career training via Metrix E-Learning System. Visit www.wdbccc.com.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, tensions in relationships may increase. Supportive services agencies are still open and can assist you. Find information and help with interpersonal violence: English flyer (PDF) or Spanish flyer (PDF).
- See Contra Costa COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Immigrants available in seven languages.
- For information about blood donations, visit http://RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Property Tax information and deadlines, visit www.cctax.us.
- Report cases of price gouging. Email the County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit.
- Call Health Services’ Multilingual Call Center at 844-729-8410. Open daily 8 am to 5 pm, for COVID-19 for information.
- For assistance after hours in multiple languages, call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121.
- For information and updates on Public Transportation, see Bart updates, County Connection, and 511 Contra Costa.
RESOURCES – State & Federal
- State of California has a COVID-19 website with links to many resources.
- Have you lost your job? See California’s one-stop resource for people impacted by job loss during the pandemic.
- See the California’s Volunteers website to learn how you can get involved.
- To apply for Unemployment Insurance, visit the California Employment and Development Department. With general questions, Call 833-978-2511, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.
- Find information about applying for disability or unemployment and if you may qualify for Paid Family Leave.
- See the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for updates and service options.
- For Federal Income Tax information, visit the Internal Revenue Service at IRS.gov. Check for tax deadline extended, Tax Relief, and more.
- For State Income Tax information, visit CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration.
- For resources to avoid scams and protect yourself financially, visit official government websites:
- Find more health information in multiple languages at California Department of Public Health.
- Get further information and guidance on coronavirus at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention homepage.
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedad en los EEUU el sitio and Twitter del CDC en Español. (No es necesario una cuenta de Twitter para ver publicaciones.)
- If you or someone you know communicates using American Sign Language, watch videos on COVID-19 on the CDC Health American Sign Language YouTube channel.