The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for Wednesday, June 16, 11 am through Thursday, June 17, until 11 am. See beat the heat tips below.
TIPS TO PREVENT heat-related symptoms:
- Drink water. Sip all day; do not wait until you are thirsty.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated beverages, sugary soft drinks, and full-strength fruit juices.
- Limit physical activity and wear a hat outside, preferably with a wide brim.
- Keep shades drawn, and blinds closed, but windows should be slightly open.
- Open windows to cooling breezes in the evening.
See Beat the Heat Tips (PDF).
High temperatures can cause serious health problems. See Health Services information on Heat and Your Health.