See locations in Contra Costa County to cool off during high heat on Saturday. According to state guidelines, masks are required for everyone in cooling centers.
County Health Centers
Pittsburg Health Center, 2311 Loveridge Road (front lobby)
Saturday 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM
West County Health Center, 13601 San Pablo Ave., San Pablo (front lobby)
Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM
Contra Costa County Libraries
See 18 Contra Costa County Library locations available as cooling centers and call to confirm hours of operation on Saturday.
Antioch, Prewett in Antioch, Bay Point, Brentwood, Clayton, Concord, Danville, El Sobrante, Hercules, Lafayette, Martinez, Oakley, Orinda, Pittsburg, San Pablo, Dougherty Station in San Ramon, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek.
TIPS TO PREVENT heat-related symptoms:
- Drink water. Sip all day; do not wait until you are thirsty.
- Do not leave children or pets in vehicles.
- Limit physical activity and wear a hat outside, preferably with a wide brim.
- Keep shades drawn, and blinds closed, but windows should be slightly open.
- Open windows to cooling breezes in the evening.
See Cooling Tips to Survive Summer Heat (PDF). Vea Consejos para sobrevivir el calor (PDF).
High temperatures can cause serious health problems. See Contra Costa Health Services information on Heat and Your Health.