Please join us on Tuesday, March 29, 2022, for the 28th Annual Cesar E. Chavez Commemorative Celebration. This year’s theme is Move Our Community Forward – Adelante Por Nuestra Comunidad Avanzando Nuestras Generaciones con Unidad, Advancing our Generations with Unity.
Each year during the ceremony, the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors honors a group of students as part of the Youth Hall of Fame Awards. We are currently accepting nomination forms for the 2022 Youth Hall of Fame Awards.
Nominees between the ages of 12 and 18 should demonstrate exemplary behavior in one of five categories:
- Good Samaritan: Goes out of their way to do for others without seeking recognition
- Volunteerism: Lends a helping hand for the good of the community; Gives their time and energy to a worthy cause or organization
- Teamwork: Works unselfishly for the good of the team
- Leadership and Civic Engagement: A natural leader who inspires others and works to make a difference in school and the community
- Perseverance: Has worked hard to overcome obstacles and achieve success
For more information and the application form to nominate a youth in our community, visit www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/74105.
We invite you to submit your nomination by completing the form and sending it with your letter of recommendation by email to Lia Bristol at Youth.Nomination@dcd.cccounty.us or mail to Lia Bristol, Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors, 2151 Salvio Street, Ste. R, Concord, CA 94520.
Nominations must be received or postmarked by March 4, 2022. Recipients will be recognized at the March 29, 2022, Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors’ Cesar E. Chavez Celebration.
See press release (PDF).
Find out more by visiting the Cesar Chavez celebration website.