Contra Costa County Public Works Road Closure Information
(Updated) March 11, 2023, 2:30 p.m., Contra Costa County, CA - Contra Costa County Public Works continues to respond to emergency calls due to mudslides, sinkholes and other issues related to the recent storms. Below is the current status of the county-maintained roads in unincorporated Contra Costa County:
- One lane of traffic is closed on Alhambra Valley Road east of Ferndale Road due to a slide.
- Map showing location of lane closure due to slide on Alhambra Valley Road
- The slide on Pinehurst Road between Canyon Road to the Alameda County line is cleared. Both lanes of traffic are open as of 4:30 p.m. on 4/10/23.
- Norris Canyon Rd has closed one lane of traffic between Asbourne Drive and the County line until further notice due to road embankment failure. K-rails and stop-controls are currently being used to guide traffic through this section of the road. Drivers are urged to use caution when travelling through this area.
For road closure updates & other important information follow us on Twitter @cccpublicworks: https://twitter.com/cccpublicworks
Please avoid this area and limit traveling during stormy weather, unless necessary, due to localized flooding, downed trees, and hazardous situations. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads - driving, riding or walking. We also advise residents to stay out of the creeks and flood control channels.
- For information regarding collection and reporting of rain and stream gauge data from District gauges, we recommend the following sites:
For winter storm preparedness tips & resources-including flood forecasting tools: www.contracosta.ca.gov/5906/Winter-Storm-Preparedness
County Public Works Maintenance maintain sandbag stations and continue to replenish sand and sandbags in anticipation of future storm events. Sand & sandbags are free, please bring a shovel. To find your nearest sandbag station visit: www.contracosta.ca.gov/sandbags
County Public Works Maintenance road crews maintain the storm drain inlets through a program of annual inspection and cleaning. To report a clogged catch basin or drainage inlet, in unincorporated Contra Costa County, please call the Public Works Maintenance Division at 925-313-7000 during work hours and after hours call Sheriff’s Dispatch at 925-646-2441. To learn how you can report service issues to us from your mobile device using our free Mobile Citizen App visit: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/7875/Mobile-Citizen
About Contra Costa County Public Works Department:
Contra Costa County Public Works Department (CCCPWD) maintains over 660 miles of roads, 150 miles of streams, channels and other drainage and over 150 County buildings throughout Contra Costa County. CCCPWD provides services such as Parks and Recreation, Sandbag Distribution and Flood Control throughout unincorporated areas of Contra Costa County. CCCPWD operates two airports, Buchanan Field Airport in Concord and Byron Airport in Byron. For more information about CCCPWD, please visit us at www.cccpublicworks.org
Contact: Kelly Kalfsbeek 925.313.2115, 925.723.2382