Do you have a knack for taking great photos? Are you an aspiring photographer or do you just enjoy taking pictures with your smartphone? Do you like to be civically engaged? If you answered yes to any of these, then our photo contest is for you! Your photo could be seen by over 700,000 Contra Costa residents!
We invite photographers of all ages and skill levels to participate in the Voter Information Guide Photo Contest. The theme for the 2024 Voter Information Guide photo is “My favorite street in Contra Costa.”
Applications and photos can be submitted from July 1st, 2023 through 11:59 pm PST August 31st, 2023 via SurveyMonkey.
Photograph entries will be judged on expression of theme, technical execution, originality, and composition.
The first-place winner’s picture will be printed on the cover of the November 2024 Contra Costa Voter Information Guide, which is mailed to over 700,000 voters. The second-place winner will have their photo featured on our March 2024 Contra Costa Voter Information Guide, and the third-place winner will have their picture featured on https://www.contracostavote.gov/.
The photo size is 5.5” x 3.5”; larger photos will be cropped. Photos must be digital and black and white.
A complete application includes:
- A completed written application here.
- A black and white photo/no color photos will be accepted.
- A submission can be no larger than 15MB.
- A submission must be at least 240 dpi.
- Photos must be formatted as .JPEG or .jpg, file.
- Entries are due by 11:59pm PST on August 31st, 2023. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or call 925-335-7805.
Follow Contra Costa County Elections on social media; Facebook: @ContraCostaElections, Twitter: @cocoelections, Instagram: contra_costa_elections and stay tuned for updates on the contest. Tell your friends!