Who can "Accept Service"?

All claims, summons and complaints against the County or a County department must be "served" (delivered) to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, the agent authorized to accept service on behalf of the County of Contra Costa. No departmental employee should accept service of any claim, complaint or summons on behalf of the County or County agency. The process server will be directed to deliver the papers to the Clerk of the Board on the First Floor of the County Administration Building. This office does not accept service, unless there is a prior agreement to accept service on behalf of a client.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a job as an attorney with the County Counsel’s Office?
2. Can I get free legal advice from the County Counsel?
3. I have suffered a personal injury or property damage that I believe was caused by the County or one of its employees. How do I go about collecting for my damages?
4. Can I talk to Thomas Geiger? I think he is the person working on my matter.
5. Who can "Accept Service"?