I'm a veteran, can I get dental work at the VA?
Yes you can!
VA Mare Island clinic provides necessary dental care for veterans who were not provided dental examination and treatment within 180 days of discharge and apply within 180 days of separation from the service. The time limit does not apply to veterans with dental disabilities resulting from combat wounds or service injuries. If a Veteran is 100% service connected, the Veteran can receive dental care from the VA.

If you are enrolled in the VA for healthcare, you may be eligible to apply for dental coverage through the VA Dental Insurance Program. This is a 3 year pilot project offering dental coverage plans through Delta Dental and Metlife. To apply, visit VA benefits webpage

Show All Answers

1. I have a VA Service Connected Disability rating. Can I go to the VA to be reevaluated and receive care for my Service Connected Health conditions?
2. What does your Veterans Service office do to help Veterans?
3. I'm a veteran, can I get dental work at the VA?
4. I believe that I have an Agent Orange related disease. Can I received Compensation for my condition?
5. I've heard about VA assistance with college for my kids. Is there such a program?
6. When I die, what benefits can my spouse apply for?
7. I cannot find my military discharge papers (DD-214) or Record of Separation from the Military. Can you help me obtain a replacement copy? And how long must I wait?