The amount needed to redeem tax-defaulted property in full is the sum of the following:
- The total amount of unpaid taxes for all delinquent years.
- A 10% penalty on every unpaid installment.
- A $20 cost for each unpaid 2nd installment.
- Monthly interest of 1 1/2% of the unpaid taxes as of the accrued date.
- A $15
State Redemption Fee
- Additional costs added after five years.
To obtain an estimate of the amount required to redeem your property, contact the County Tax Collector’s Office at (925) 608-9500. Please provide either the Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN), the property address, or the tax-defaulted Sale ID number. Be sure to specify the month in which you plan to pay off or redeem your property so the correct amount is calculated properly.