What happens if I cannot pay the full redemption amount?

If you are unable to pay the full redemption amount (for example, unpaid taxes for all defaulted years plus penalties and charges), you may start a Redemption Installment Plan.  This plan allows you to make payments on your defaulted taxes over a five-year period beginning on the date you make the first payment of the installment plan.

NOTE: you must qualify for the installment plan within five years of the time the property first became tax-defaulted.

Show All Answers

1. What will happen if I do not pay my annual Secured taxes on time?
2. What is the amount required to redeem tax-defaulted property?
3. What happens if I fail to pay my Redemption taxes?
4. Can I redeem one defaulted year separately from other years?
5. What happens if I cannot pay the full redemption amount?
6. Who may apply for the Installment Plan of Redemption?
7. How do I start installment plan of redemption?
8. Is there a fee to apply for the installment plan?
9. When may I start a payment plan?
10. How often will I be required to make payments on the installment plan?
11. Does interest continue to accrue while participating in the installment plan?
12. If my installment plan defaults, may I start another one?
13. Do my installment payments cover my current annual taxes?
14. If I'm in foreclosure, who is responsible for the tax bill?