When may I start a payment plan?

You can start a payment plan after the date on which the property has become tax defaulted (June 30) and within five years of that date.  On the fifth year, your property becomes subject to the power of sale and a payment plan is no longer an option.  The Redemption amount must be paid in full as a single payment in order to redeem the property from the tax sale.

If you wish detailed information about a payment plan of redemption, contact the Tax Collector's Office at (925) 608-9500.

Show All Answers

1. What will happen if I do not pay my annual Secured taxes on time?
2. What is the amount required to redeem tax-defaulted property?
3. What happens if I fail to pay my Redemption taxes?
4. Can I redeem one defaulted year separately from other years?
5. What happens if I cannot pay the full redemption amount?
6. Who may apply for the Installment Plan of Redemption?
7. How do I start installment plan of redemption?
8. Is there a fee to apply for the installment plan?
9. When may I start a payment plan?
10. How often will I be required to make payments on the installment plan?
11. Does interest continue to accrue while participating in the installment plan?
12. If my installment plan defaults, may I start another one?
13. Do my installment payments cover my current annual taxes?
14. If I'm in foreclosure, who is responsible for the tax bill?