How do I calculate the Flood Control flow data point? Do I need to know the post development design flows for my project?

If the watershed is small, you can use the Rational Method to calculate the design flow rate. If the area is large or you need hydrographs for designing a detention basin, the Flood Control District can calculate the hydrographs for you. You need to request a HYDRO6 submittal package. There is a fee for the District to calculate the flows for you. Contact the Hydrology Section at the number below and they can e-mail the HYDRO6 instructions and submittal package to you. You may also purchase the submittal package at the front counter of the Public Works Department office (255 Glacier Drive, Martinez, CA  94553). 

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain GIS information?
2. How are Area of Benefit (AOB) fees determined?
3. How do I become a vendor?
4. How do I calculate the Flood Control flow data point? Do I need to know the post development design flows for my project?
5. How do I contact an inspector?
6. How do I determine the 25-year 24-hour storm depth?
7. How do I find out how much my Area of Benefit (AOB) fees will be for my project?
8. How do I get a vesting tentative map for my development project?
9. How do I get an encroachment permit?
10. How do I get permission for my contractor and I to temporarily use land owned by the County or Flood Control District?
11. How do I obtain a title report on my property?
12. How do I report hazardous material spills or dumping?
13. How do I report debris in creeks?
14. How do I report debris on private property or a vacant lot?
15. How do I report the lack of garbage services?
16. How do I report unresolved garbage/recycling collection company complaints?
17. How do I record a final map?
18. How do I report a train that appears to be stuck and blocking a railroad crossing for an extended period of time?

Blocked crossings occur when stopped trains impede the flow of motor vehicle or pedestrian traffic at railroad tracks for extended periods of time.  Blocked crossings pose potential safety risks, specifically in locations where trains routinely hinder roadway and pedestrian movement for extended periods.  In these cases, frustrated drivers seeking to avoid extended delays may attempt to clear the crossing before a train arrives, and pedestrians may be tempted to crawl between stopped railcars.  Further, blocked crossings can have detrimental effects on quality of life, making people late for work, school, and appointments and possibly contributing to roadway congestion.  Currently, there are approximately 130,000 public highway/rail grade crossings in the United States.

If you are experiencing an blocked crossing for an extended period visit the Federal Railroad Administration website to report it.

19. How do I transfer title to my child or another person?
20. How will I know which number is the streetlight pole number?