Does the Flood Control District provide sand bags?

The Flood Control District does not provide sand bags to private property owners. Often, in times of emergencies, the County may provide sandbags during significant storm events to residents in the unincorporated county.

There are, however, locations throughout the County where residents may go to fill their own sandbags. Please note that you will need to bring a shovel, but the bags and sand are available for free. For more information on this, please visit the County's webpage for sandbag locations.

If you live in a City, contact your City Public Works Department for information and/or assistance in preparation for conditions requiring their use.

Show All Answers

1. Does the County Surveyor's Office perform surveys for the general public?
2. Do you have maps and other records available online?
3. Do you have the flow rate at a specific location on a creek?
4. Do you issue tract and parcel map numbers?
5. Does the Flood Control District provide sand bags?