Please scroll down for a list of Resources.
Visit the state's COVID-19 website to see latest Health Orders and updates.
January 15, 2021 - Watch Health Services media conference online for a COVID-19 vaccine distribution update.
January 11, 2021 - See Health Services Press Release: County Ramps Up COVID-19 Vaccination Efforts. Watch media conference.
December 22, 2020 - See COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Phases and COVID-19 Ethical & Equitable Vaccine Allocations Committee.
December 16, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Bay Area Runs Low on ICU Beds, Triggering State's Regional Stay-at-Home Order. See Health Order: State of California Regional Stay-Home Order. Orden regional de quedarse en casa del Estado de California.
December 15, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: COVID-19 Vaccine will be Distributed Following Federal, State Framework.
December 12, 2020 - See Health Services: COVID-19 vaccination information. Vacunación Contra el COVID-19.
December 10, 2020 - See updated Mass Quarantine Order.
December 9, 2020 - See Health Services: State Updates Guidance to Allow Outdoor Playgrounds to Open.
December 4, 2020 - See Press Release (PDF): Bay Area Health Officers Move to Implement the State’s New Regional Stay Home Order, Not Waiting Until Local Hospitals are Near Crisis to Act. See Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Health Order: Regional Stay Home Order 12/4/2020. Watch Press Conference online.
December 3, 2020 - See Contra Costa County COVID-19 Vaccination Plan (PDF).
November 28, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Bay Area Health Officers' Statement in Support of Santa Clara County's New COVID Measures.
November 17, 2020 - Board of Supervisors Approves Ordinance to Extend Eviction Protection to Certain Small-Business Commercial Tenants. Protections for certain residential tenants were unchanged. See Press Release (PDF) and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-29 (PDF) and Ordinance No. 2020-29 Spanish (PDF). Visit Eviction and Rent Freeze Ordinance FAQs and Resources webpage. Preguntas Frequentes de la Ordenanza (PDF).
November 17, 2020 - Board of Supervisors Approves $4.29 Million of Community Development Block Grant Funding to Provide Emergency Rental Assistance and Tenant/Landlord Counseling and Legal Services. See Press Release (PDF).
See Active Health Orders to date. See Health Prevention Information. See Answers to Frequently Asked Questions in English and Spanish.
See Videos related to COVID-19.
See Timeline details.
Questions? Contact multilingual Call Center 844-729-8410, daily 8 am to 5 pm. For help after hours, please call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121. Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for updates. Follow @CCCounty and @CoCoHealth on Twitter and CCHS Facebook. (You do not need a Twitter account to see posts.)
RESOURCES – Local
- See Emergency Relief Fund (PDF). You may be eligible. For more information and to apply, call 925-521-5065.
- See MAP of free and low-cost food sites in Contra Costa County. Enter your address to find locations near you.
- For Rental Assistance application and information through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Coronavirus funds, please check with SHELTER, Inc. for eligibility criteria for the COVID-19 funding assistance.
- Board of Supervisors Approves Ordinance to Extend Eviction Protection to Certain Small-Business Commercial Tenants. Protections for certain residential tenants were unchanged. See Press Release (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-29 (PDF). See Press Release in Spanish (PDF) and Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-29 Spanish (PDF). Visit Eviction and Rent Freeze Ordinance FAQs and Resources webpage.
- For COVID-19 information and service updates to CalWORKS, CalFresh, or Medi-Cal, visit Employment & Human Services. For social services, visit EHSD.org.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps families with food and support services. You may qualify for and receive support quickly. See details in News Release. Visit cchealth.org/wic or call 1-800-414-4WIC.
- Contra Costa County HICAP (Health insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) provides free, unbiased education, counseling and advocacy about Medicare and related health insurance, including legal assistance. For more information and to apply, call 925-655-1393.
- For seniors, learn how to stay connected (PDF) and find community resources for seniors.
- Be a good neighbor to the elderly and disabled: County helpline with referrals and resources for seniors/disabled 925-229-8434, Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, dial 211 or text to 898-211, or Adult Protective Services to report elder abuse at 877-839-4347. Call 911 in case of emergency. See Be a Good Neighbor flyer (PDF).
- For information about schools, check with your school district or visit County Office of Education. (See also curriculum resources).
- Unemployment and economic information and resources for businesses & employees.
- The Workforce Development Board Call Center for Contra Costa County small businesses and workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-833-320-1919, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, for information and resources. See the Press Release.
- Contra Costa Workforce Development Board, a bureau of Employment & Human Services, is providing free access to online career training via Metrix E-Learning System. Visit www.wdbccc.com.
- Property Tax information and deadlines, visit www.cctax.us.
- Call Health Services’ Multilingual Call Center at 844-729-8410. Open daily 8 am to 5 pm, for COVID-19 for information.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, tensions in relationships may increase. Supportive services agencies are still open and can assist you. Find information and help with Interpersonal Violence (PDF) and in Spanish Violencia Interpersonal (PDF).
- See Contra Costa COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Immigrants available in seven languages.
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers assistance to customers struggling with their water bill due to COVID-19.
- PG&E has ongoing assistance available to help customers with COVID-19 pandemic impacts. Visit PG&E resource information.
- For information about blood donations, visit http://RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- See Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office video on how to avoid scams.
- Report cases of price gouging. Email the County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit.
- For information and updates on Public Transportation, see Bart updates, County Connection, and 511 Contra Costa.
- For assistance after hours in multiple languages, call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121.
RESOURCES – State & Federal
- State of California has a COVID-19 website with links to many resources.
- Have you lost your job? See California’s one-stop resource for people impacted by job loss during the pandemic.
- See the California’s Volunteers website to learn how you can get involved.
- To apply for Unemployment Insurance, visit the California Employment and Development Department. With general questions, Call 833-978-2511, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.
- Find information about applying for disability or unemployment and if you may qualify for Paid Family Leave.
- See the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for updates and service options.
- For Federal Income Tax information, visit the Internal Revenue Service at IRS.gov. Check for tax deadline extended, Tax Relief, and more.
- For State Income Tax information, visit CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration.
- For resources to avoid scams and protect yourself financially, visit official government websites:
- Find more health information in multiple languages at California Department of Public Health.
- Get further information and guidance on coronavirus at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention homepage.
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedad en los EEUU el sitio and Twitter del CDC en Español. (No es necesario una cuenta de Twitter para ver publicaciones.)
- If you or someone you know communicates using American Sign Language, watch videos on COVID-19 on the CDC Health American Sign Language YouTube channel.