June 4, 2020 - See list of County Re-Openings to Date (PDF) under the current Health Order.
June 2, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Progress in COVID-19 Fight Means Businesses Reopening on June 3. See Updated Shelter in Place Order 6/2/2020 and Appendices.
June 1, 2020 - See Press Release (PDF): Joint Statement of the Bay Area Health Officers on Ongoing Partnership in Reopening Activity While Continuing to Protect the Community.
May 30, 2020 - See Health Services Press Statement (PDF): Loosening of Restrictions Expected This Week.
May 29, 2020 - See Health Order: Requiring Testing of Residents and Personnel at Residential Facilities.
May 26, 2020 - See Press Release: Board of Supervisors Passed Ordinance to Continue Eviction Protection and Rent Freeze, and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). Read the full document Ordinance No. 2020-16 (PDF) and Ordinance 2020-16 in Spanish (PDF) . See Tenant Notice to Landlord Form (PDF) and Landlord Notice to Tenant Form (PDF). See Eviction & Rent Freeze Ordinance FAQs.
See County Health Officer Orders to date.
See Timeline details.
See Answers to Frequently Asked Questions in English and Spanish. See Video Channel related to COVID-19.
Questions? Contact multilingual Call Center 1-844-729-8410, daily 8 am to 5 pm. For help after hours, please call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121. Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for updates. Follow @CCCounty and @CoCoHealth on Twitter and CCHS Facebook. (You do not need a Twitter account to see posts.)
RESOURCES – Local
- See Emergency Relief Fund (PDF). You may be eligible. For more information and to apply, call 925-521-5065.
- See list of Emergency Food Resources (PDF) in Contra Costa County.
- See Map of free and low-cost food sites in Contra Costa County. Enter your address to find locations near you.
- See Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office video on how to avoid scams.
- For COVID-19 information and service updates to CalWORKS, CalFresh, or Medi-Cal, visit Employment & Human Services. For social services, visit EHSD.org.
- If you receive CalFresh benefits, you may get extra benefits on your EBT card to help buy food. See More CalFresh flyer (PDF) for information.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps families with food and support services. You may qualify for and receive support quickly. See details in News Release. Visit cchealth.org/wic or call 1-800-414-4WIC.
- For seniors, learn how to stay connected (PDF) and find community resources for seniors.
- Be a good neighbor to the elderly and disabled: County helpline with referrals and resources for seniors/disabled 925-229-8434, Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, dial 211 or text to 898-211, or Adult Protective Services to report elder abuse at 877-839-4347. Call 911 in case of emergency. See Be a Good Neighbor flyer (PDF).
- For information about schools, check with your school district or visit County Office of Education. (See also curriculum resources).
- Unemployment and economic information and resources for businesses & employees.
- The Workforce Development Board Call Center for Contra Costa County small businesses and workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-833-320-1919, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm. See the Press Release for more information.
- The Workforce Development Board Call Center for Contra Costa County small businesses and workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-833-320-1919, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, for information and resources. See the Press Release.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, tensions in relationships may increase. Supportive services agencies are still open and can assist you. Find information and help with interpersonal violence: English flyer (PDF) or Spanish flyer (PDF).
- See Contra Costa COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Immigrants in seven languages.
- For information about blood donations, visit http://RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Property Tax Delinquent Deadline was April 10. For information to assist you, visit www.cctax.us.
- Report cases of price gouging. Email the County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit.
- Call Health Services’ Call Center at 1-844-729-8410, 8 am to 5 pm, daily in English or Spanish.
- For assistance after hours in multiple languages, call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121.
- For information and updates on Public Transportation, see Bart updates, County Connection, and 511 Contra Costa.
RESOURCES – State & Federal
- State of California has a COVID-19 website with links to many resources.
- Have you lost your job? See California’s one-stop resource for people impacted by job loss during the pandemic.
- See the California’s Volunteers website to learn how you can get involved.
- To apply for Unemployment Insurance, visit the California Employment and Development Department. With general questions, Call 833-978-2511, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.
- Find information about applying for disability or unemployment and if you may qualify for Paid Family Leave.
- See the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for updates and service options.
- For Federal Income Tax information, visit the Internal Revenue Service at IRS.gov. Check for tax deadline extended, Tax Relief, and more.
- For State Income Tax information, visit CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration.
- For resources to avoid scams and protect yourself financially, visit official government websites:
- Find more health information in multiple languages at California Department of Public Health.
- Get further information and guidance on coronavirus at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention homepage.
- If you or someone you know communicates using American Sign Language, watch videos on COVID-19 on the CDC Health American Sign Language YouTube channel.