Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact if a streetlight is our or blinking?
2. Who do I contact if I have flooding on my street?
3. Who do I contact if I have questions about the road surface treatment work?
4. Who do I contact if I think I am eligible for an Area of Benefit (AOB) fee waiver or credit?
5. Who do I contact if I want to report illegal dumping?

To report Illegal Dumping, please call the Contra Costa Clean Water Program hotline at 1 (800) NO-DUMPING or 1 (800) 663-8674.

The following are some useful links:
To report active illegal dumping, please call Sheriff Dispatch at (925) 646-2441.            
6. Who do I contact to determine if I need a permit for work on my house, street or creek?
7. Who do I contact to report a graffiti on public or private property?
8. Who do I contact to report a pothole?
9. Who is responsible for mitigating sidewalk tripping hazards?

Tripping hazards that are identified are documented, and, in accordance with the California Streets and Highways Code (PDF), property owners are given notice requesting that they replace the damaged sidewalk fronting their property. In addition, property owners are notified that County Ordinance 2008-24 (PDF) heightens the liability on the property owner if a member of the public is injured as a result of the property owner’s failure to maintain the sidewalk in a safe condition.

For more answers to frequently asked questions regarding sidewalk repairs, refer to our "Sidewalk Repair FAQ (PDF)".

10. Who pays Area of Benefit (AOB) fees?

Anyone who develops property and adds additional vehicle trips to the road network is subject to AOB fees. This includes, but is not limited to property owners, residential developers, commercial developers, and industrial developers.

What are some of the possible fee categories?

  • Single Family Residential
  • Multi Family Residential
  • Office
  • Industrial
  • Light Industrial
  • Commercial
  • Other Uses (As determined per Peak Hour Trip generation)